If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Friday, November 11, 2011

RBOC: Marathon Work Weekend Edition


  • It is 8:30pm on a Friday night and, after leaving my office at 5pm, I just finished 3 hours of work on an administrative task.  (I also finished 2 glasses of red wine--a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do).  I am about to embark on some editing of a paper I'm writing with students.
  • There is a Grey's Anatomy and Homicide somewhere in my future this weekend.
  • b is away on a kayak camping trip, leaving me and Pupzilla to fend for ourselves.
  • The weather has changed and my wardrobe has not.  I MUST organize my clothes so I have something to wear.  I also need to do a good purge and was thinking this was the weekend for such a task.  I fear when the purge is done I will realize I still have nothing to wear.
  • I have 7 draft proposals from my doctoral students to provide feedback on this weekend.
  • I was hoping to actually write the revision of the paper that never ends this weekend.
  • I have 3 yoga classes I'd like to take (1 on Sat and 2 on Sun).
  • I have BIG changes planned for this little blog and was hoping to implement some of them this weekend.
  • b took my camera with him and left me his point and shoot.  Since Pupzilla has made a remarkable recovery with her arthritis meds, I was hoping to take her and the camera for a walk.
  • The house is a mess.  With the holidays coming (and we'll actually have company this Thanksgiving, yay!), I really should start cleaning it. 


No comments: