- 5 out of the 35 felt handing in the draft was optional (it wasn't)
- So far it seems 4 out of the 35 think handing in the final is optional
- 2 students fit categories 1 & 2 above
- Of the 31 I received, 6 were plagiarized
- Approximately 1/3 of the papers were either excellent in the draft or improved--maybe not to excellent but still substantial
- Not counting those who plagiarized, a handful actually got worse and many stayed the same.
- I offered extra credit just for visiting the writing center between the draft and the final--6 took me up on it.
Tomorrow they get the bad news. The last chance to withdraw from the class without penalty is fast approaching and I'll be encouraging several to do just that.