- Reviewing other people's work
- Having lunch out with b
- Filling out my annual report (and realizing I did a lot more this year than I thought)
- Deflating my balance ball/office chair so we can return it to the store
- Going to the library for an early start on next year's syllabus
- Following interesting blog conversations on mothering, feminism and power. Check them out.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
- I taught my last class of the semester on Tuesday night. They were a great group and I'm sorry to see them go.
- I'm actually kind of sorry to see the semester go. I only had to teach one class and it was one I've taught several times before. I know I'm not going to get such a light teaching load again in a very long time.
- This semester was also chock-filled with drama and I'm not sorry to see that go.
- Unfortunately I don't think its going anywhere anytime soon.
- I was in my office with my door open for a little over 2 hours this afternoon. In that time I got 7 "visitors." Only three of them were invited. Not that I wasn't happy to see the others but really this is why I work at home or with the door closed.
- I've been using an exercise ball as a chair at work and at home the entire semester. This week my work ball sprung a slow leak.
- Students like to buy me food (and sometimes coffee). I'm not really sure why that is. Trust me I look well-fed.
- This is also the last week of my Unravelling class. It was an interesting experience and I'm glad I did it. I'm toying with the idea of another photography ecourse but once that is more focused on technique. Now that I've gotten more comfortable with the idea of taking photographs, I'd like to know more about what I'm doing.
- I'm also toying with the idea of auditing an advanced statistics course next spring. This is not as much fun but I think it may be necessary. There is a statistical technique that was not taught when I was in graduate school but is now routinely taught. The questions I want to ask can't be answered without this technique.
- Last year I thought I would take it super-easy this summer, since it would be my post-tenure summer, but now it looks like I'll be crazy busy at least until July.
- BTW, the tenure letter finally arrived.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
[BTW, I don't get the big house appeal. This house looks as big as some apartment buildings I've lived in. What do you do with all that space and how do you keep it clean?]
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
The mission of Brigindo is to nurture and develop loving relationships with friends, family members, and colleagues by actively listening to, participating in, and experiencing their daily lives; to pursue a personal lifestyle that is balanced with the needs of the environment and the needs of society; to continually seek out and engage in activities that enhance her own growth and wellness; and to enjoy the moments.
While I certainly could do better on all fronts (especially the environmental), overall I think I'm fulfilling my mission.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
We also saw lots of tulips.