If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Year

I don't usually like to blame an entire year. I'm normally a fairly positive person and I'm not at all superstitious. My philosophical stance leans more to chaos than fate. However 2009 has NOT been a good year for my family and even I must admit there is something very suspicious going on in the karma department.

We are only a few days into the final month of this horrific year and I've just learned of 2 (potentially 3) additional pieces of bad news that affects my loved ones. By bad news I mean the difficult-to-breathe, keep-you-up-late-at-night-worrying kind of trouble as well as the kind of news that vaporizes all your dreams and aspirations and makes you realize everything you've worked so hard and so long for is nil.

Dare we dream for 2010?

13 comments:

Psycgirl said...

I think bad whole years can happen (mine was 2008) but that means you have lots of good karma coming your way in 2010.
I hope the latest pieces of bad news pass quickly (((bridgindo)))

Drax said...

Well, we've got 2. Let's hope—and even pray—that 3 is not "the charm," good, bad, or otherwise. Let's just hope 3 doesn't exist, obviously.

"Dare we dream for 2010?"

Jesus, I can't help myself. File this under GALLOWS HUMOR INSTALLMENT #9201. Audio only...

Steps approach podium. Strong voice booms, "Dare we dream for 2010? YES, WE, CAN!" followed immediately by the BANG! of a self-inflicted gunshot to the head.

(If you choose to excise this comment from your noble blog, I shant be surprised and I shall understand.)

And you hang in there, too.

Seeking Solace said...

This year was pretty bumpy for me with the move and then the job heinousness. But, I am hoping with my good medical news, I can roll into 2010 on a good note.

MFA Mama said...

2009 has sucked a hairy one around these parts, and I for one won't be sad to see it go. Here's hoping 2010 is different, although I said that about 2009 (back when I though 2008 sucked)...

AliceAcademic said...

Here's hoping 2010 brings balance in your universe with loads of good news to outweigh all this.

life_of_a_fool said...

I'm sorry for your miserable year. My 2009 has had its decent and not-so-decent moments, but I will be happy enough to see it go. I'm definitely rooting for a fabulous 2010 for everyone!

Annie said...

I hope today is a better day than yesterday, and that good news arrives soon.

Anonymous said...

Dream for 2010 and beyond. I'm thinking about you

Lee said...

Thinking of you and hoping things get better for you soon.

MoxieMamaKC said...

This year truly did suck. I'm with you on hoping for a better 2010. I'll think good thoughts for you as the end of the year approaches.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry! Even two more pieces of bad news is horrible for your family to have to endure. It feels like this year has been one big punch in the gut after the next!

I know what you mean about being superstitious. I'm usually not. My tragedies all began on Dec. 10 of last year, and now I dread that date this year. It's silly, I know. As if nothing bad can happen after the tenth!

Please excuse me for rambling on about myself. I am so sorry for your bad news and will keep you in my thoughts. I hope your 2010 is the opposite and brings many good things to balance out this horrible year.

comebacknikki said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. 2009 has been a crap-ass year in so many ways.
{{{Brigindo}}}

phd me said...

I am completely ready to put 2009 behind me. Here's to a better 2010 all round.