If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Sunday, July 25, 2010

RBOC: It's Just Too Hot Edition

  • It's freakin' hot here in SouthLite, as it is almost everywhere.  b's interesting little factoid for the day is that 72 degrees was the coolest it was in the entire country today.  My response: That's just wrong.
  • To escape the heat we went to see The Inception today.  It was entertaining but not as mind-bending as I think they wanted it to be.  It did make us forget about the heat for 2 1/2 hours however, so that was good.
  • Pumpkin is in town this weekend and staying at our place.  She has a job interview next week and had to make these "paper doll" cutouts for a mock lesson she will need to teach.
  • Yesterday was the 2nd meeting of Books, Booze & Broads.  We read this book.  It was a lively discussion and 9 of the original 10 invited members attended.  I made this and served fresh fruit and sorbet with it.
  • Angel got a check engine light on in his car that's costing us 900 bucks.  This on top of a costly vacation equals Le Sigh.
  • I went to my chi gung class today.  It is only offered once a month and I have to travel to a near-by city to attend.  It was amazing.  The energy in the room changes me and the teacher, an 82 year old man from China, is truly inspiring.  
  • Rereading the above bullet, I realize how cheezy that sounds but the truth is there is no other way to describe it (at least not in bullet form).
  • We brought home two dozen bagels from our trip.  They now live in our freezer and give us a taste of home every once in a while.
  • Speaking of freezers, I accidentally froze a bottle of wine today.  When I opened the freezer door the cork had popped halfway out of the bottle and when I took it out it went shooting across the floor.  Surprisingly, it still tasted good.
  • I have this song stuck in head from a commercial before the movie.
  • I hate that we get commercials in movies now but I still love a good preview. 
  • Did I mention it was hot?  It feels like air conditioning isn't working anymore but my electric bill tells me otherwise.  I'm praying for rain and a high of 88 tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Brigindo,
We're in the nineties every day, and August, coming, is our hottest month. Luckily, no 100's in actual temperature, just in "feels like." A late afternoon thunderstorm cooled our evening off a bit.

I'm avoiding reading too much about Inception, but I've heard enough about it, I think I want to see it for sure.

Seeking Solace said...

It is crazy hot. It was triple digits in my neck of the woods. It will get back to about 92 which will seem chilly!