If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RBOC: In Which I Post Simply Because It Has Been Too Long Between Posts

  • Do I even need to say the semester has been crazy?
  • Classes are going well.
  • My grant did not get funded.  It didn't even get discussed.  However my institution may be paying me to rewrite it over the summer.  
  • It is possible I will make more money in the writing of this grant than if I were to actually get it.
  • Service is driving me crazy.  Really somedays I have to wonder if tenure is really worth all this aggravation.
  • Last weekend I visited Pumpkin.  BB has left for a 5-week trip to Antarctica.
  • Pumpkin directed the Vagina Monologues at her school.  I watched 2 of the 3 performances and was most impressed.
  • Angel is having a wisdom tooth issue.  I did a stint of bad mothering trying to convince him it was nothing only to find out he has a major infection.  
  • b and I are not big fans of Valentine's Day but we did a little celebrating.
    We had pizza.
    Had some wine.
    And I made cookies.
    Other than that I am counting the days until Spring Break.

1 comment:

Annie said...

You sound busy, but hopefully not overwhelmed, with some fun mixed in. I hope the rest of the semester goes smoothly, and you are not too disappointed about the grant. At least, there is a possibility for it in the future. And yes, there is Spring Break. (I'm looking forward to it, too. Though we may not go anywhere, I'm taking the week off when my son is out of school.)