If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Monday, January 21, 2008

Class Meme

I saw this at Reassigned Time and really liked it. Besides I've never done a meme before. Here it goes:

1. Father went to college -no but finished HS
2. Father finished college - see above
3. Mother went to college - yes -- twice: once before and once after 4 children
4. Mother finished college - yes and almost received a doctorate
5. Have any relative who is an attorney, physician, or professor - no
6. Were the same or higher class than your high school teachers. - i'm not sure but probably the same
7. Had more than 50 books in your childhood home. -Definitely
8. Had more than 500 books in your childhood home. - Definitely
9. Were read children's books by a parent - Constantly
10. Had lessons of any kind before you turned 18 - A month or two of guitar is all I remember. Do lessons at fresh air camp count?
11. Had more than two kinds of lessons before you turned 18 - Joined a dojo at 16, but I found that on my own and it was free.
12. The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed -A disturbing amount of people say I sound like Rosie O'Donnell. No one has ever said I dress like her however
13. Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18 - No. Wish I never had one and don't have one now.
14. Your parents (or a trust) paid for the majority of your college costs - No. Not a dime. And I'm still payin'
15. Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs - Now I'm laughing
16. Went to a private high school - No. College was the first private school I went to -- hence the still payin'
17. Went to summer camp -see fresh air comment above. Mom said it was cheaper to send us for the month then to feed us.
19. Family vacations involved staying at hotels - Once -- at Atlantic City before they "fixed it up."
20. Your clothing was all bought new before you turned 18 - No.
21. Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them - I bought my first car at 39, it was 10 years old - now it's 14
22. There was original art in your house when you were a child - Uh, no.
23. You and your family lived in a single-family house - First 7 years in a two-family home my grandmother owned, than apartments
24. Your parent(s) owned their own house or apartment before you left home - my mother has never owned her own home, currently she hops from location to location
25. You had your own room as a child - 4 girls, 2 bedrooms -- you do the math.
27. Participated in a SAT/ACT prep course - No.
28. Had your own TV in your room in high school - No.
29. Owned a mutual fund or IRA in high school or college - No.
30. Flew anywhere on a commercial airline before you turned 16 - First flight was honeymoon of first marriage
31. Went on a cruise with your family - have never been on a cruise and not looking to change that stat.
32. Went on more than one cruise with your family - see above.
33. Your parents took you to museums and art galleries as you grew up - Lots. Mom loves a good museum
34. You were unaware of how much heating bills were for your family - there were no heating bills -- heat was included in the rent.

No comments: