jc tagged me for this meme.
Here's how you play: Once you've been tagged, write a blog of ten weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end, tag five more people, listing their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment "tag you're it" and to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you -- so let them know when you've posted your blog so s/he can read your answers.
1. I never graduated from high school. Due to a series of misadventures I ended up leaving HS in the middle of my junior year to attend a local college (that has since become a university) for a special program that combined your senior year of HS with your freshman year of college. This school was very small and attracted a lot of older continuing ed students. We had no requirements and could take classes randomly. Most of my cohort transferred after that first year but I loved it and eventually graduated from there.
2. I've been married twice but have never been proposed to.
3. It seems to take me 17 years to make a transition. I moved out of my mother's house at 17; I left my first husband after 17 years of a relationship; and I was at my last job for 17 years.
4. Except for the occasional orange juice with breakfast I'm not into sweet drinks. In fact my entire repertoire of drinks consists of: water, coffee, Guinness and tequila.
5. I'm a leg woman. I also have a thing for baldness.
6. While I have had several wonderful dogs in my life I have never lived without a cat. Usually I have two.
7. I think I'm missing the gene for jewelery. I haven't worn any for several years, not even a watch. b and I did not do wedding bands. And diamonds? I just don't get the appeal.
8. When I was young I wanted to be Jane Goodall.
9. I was best woman at my sister's wedding. I wore a tux, slicked back my short hair, and gave a killer toast (blew the best man out of the water). [BTW, my sister loved it but half the family was not amused]
10. I have a fondness for white rats and have had several as pets in my life. However I really hate hamsters.
Hilaire because I'd love to know more random facts about her.
Psycgirl because I've only just started reading her blog and want to know more.
phd me because I love everything she writes
Professing Mama because she's home waiting for Chico and could use a diversion.
life-of-a-fool because she tagged me last.