If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Monday, April 27, 2009

RBOC: On Not The Best Of Days

  • Woke up early this morning from a dream that involved the Ex (Angel's dad).
  • Had a "phone meeting" with two of my bestest friends in the world.
  • My doctoral student's program committee meeting went off without a hitch.
  • Finished a paper and sent it out to co-authors.
  • Never got that 3rd cup of coffee.
  • Still haven't made it back to the dojo.
  • Spoke to the Ex for the entire walk home from work.
  • The job the Ex has lined up for Angel this summer is (a) a bad fit; (b) only 6 weeks long; (c) doesn't start until the end of June, and (d) its dependent upon him paying half of Angel's salary.
  • By the end of said conversation I am flabbergasted and, somehow, defensive.
  • The Ex can still press my buttons.
  • Termite infestation has broken out in my rental home. Landlord hopes we don't need to "relocate."
  • b and I scrap our plans for a leftover dinner and head for a bar/restaurant.
  • I text Angel to call me...so we can discuss summer plans.
  • Angel calls me...worried he is in trouble for an overdraft on his bank account.
  • He's been drinking.
  • Conversation ends with him in tears because he "loves me."
  • Sigh.

5 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

Oh, man. Hang in there! That sucks but it was just one day. Things will look better soon.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry for the rotten day, Brigindo. I hope it gets better soon. Angel sounds like a great guy, and he will be fine. But those days when it all happens at once are rough. I'll be thinking of you and sending wishes for much better days.

MFA Mama said...

Oh, yuck.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I'm sorry that you had such a yucky day. I hope that today is going better!

drax said...

Oh, woof. Sorry.