- Traveling is bad for fiction but good for poetry. That's the only cycle I have noticed.
- There are no right answers to wrong questions.
- Love does not sit there, like a stone; it has be be made like bread, remade all the time, made new.
- The creative adult is the child that has survived.
- The unread story is not a story; it is little black marks on wood pulp. The reader reading it makes it live: a live thing, a story.
- The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not know what comes next.
Happy Birthday Ursula.