If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Camping Interlude

Somehow the stars and planets aligned this week and b and I had 48 hours where no one required our presence.  And so we went camping.


Of course we took Pupzilla.


There was much needed rest and relaxation around a campfire.


And the occasional light refreshment.


There was also reading by b and grading by me.


Pupzilla spent most of her time sleeping in the tent.


She did go on a nice long walk with me on Saturday.


The fall colors in SouthLite are nowhere near as intense as UpNorth but they are pretty nonetheless.


I think the blue skies make up for it.


Regardless of where you live, it is always pleasant to walk through the leaves.


Of course, no camping trip is complete without b's scrumptious dinners.  This time he made ribs in the dutch oven.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I love your photographs, except for the meat (being a vegetarian), especially the fall leaves and the blue sky. I'm glad you and your husband got a chance to get away and enjoy the outdoors.

Maggie May said...

YUM

pupzilla is so sweet faced. and i like the rainbow socks :)

glad you got out into the wild and relaxed.

Julie said...

Awesome. I always love your pictures. I'm glad you had a chance to get away, especially with all you've had on your plate this year.