While I am generally grateful of all the things I have in my life, I am not one who usually celebrates Thanksgiving by actually giving thanks. I am not a big Thanksgiving fan (although I'm married to one). For me it is a day spent cooking and eating food I don't particularly enjoy. I'm also not a fan of shopping, so the whole Black Friday thing kind of wigs me out. But this year, for some reason that I can't really fathom, I came up with a gratitude list while I was cleaning my house.
I am thankful:
I am thankful:
- for Angel's laugh. It lights up the house whenever he's home and I enjoy falling asleep to it at night.
- for a house that I both enjoy living in and can afford.
- for a husband who, while cooking a huge traditional thanksgiving dinner of turkey and stuffing, will cook me duck because I really don't like turkey.
- for a husband who does all the cooking.
- for a chance to spend time with my sister. I don't see any of them regularly and being with a sister makes me feel grounded in a way that nothing else can.
- for a visit from Pumpkin, who has her own large family to see but always makes time for us.
- for Pupzilla's arthritis medicine that has given me my dog back.
- for a gym that hires amazing yoga teachers and stays open on Thanksgiving so I can get my yoga on before the big meal.
- for students who send me emails saying they miss me and want to get together for lunch.
- for all you who read and actually care about these minor details of my life.