If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sundays

b has changed his work schedule for the holiday season and he is now working Sundays. Actually as of next week, he'll be working Saturdays and Sundays. Anyway, it seems Sundays have become baking day. Last week was sour cream pound cake. Today its calzones for dinner and coffee cake for dessert.

I was supposed to spend the day working but other than getting a final exam together for my undergraduate class not much of that has taken place. Pupzilla did get a long walk on a beautiful fall day, so that was good.

In other news, I am now the proud mother of a Pi Kappa Phi. The initiation went well but was very long--from 7 pm last night to 7 am this morning. And that is all us outsiders are allowed to know.

2 comments:

post-doc said...

I had crushes on Pi Kappa Phi boys in college! Congratulations to Angel (and I hope he continues to feel better - migraines are miserable)!

And I'd love to have calzones and coffee cake! Now I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Well, duh on me. I should have read this post first...ha! Obviously, Angel must be feeling better. Congratulations! What a well deserved honor.

And I'd love to eat some calzones right about now. My mouth is watering!