Yesterday's pros and cons:
- Pro...my office is clean. I forgot I cleaned it right before the break.
- Con...my day started with a 2 hour meeting and the person we scheduled the meeting around never showed up.
- Pro...students are sweet. I met with an advisee who's confused about her career plan and was given stern advice by a family member to switch her majors again.
- Con...students are exasperating. At 4:40 a graduate student "dropped by" to tell me s/he will be taking my class because s/he didn't pass last year (when someone else taught it). In the ensuing conversation s/he also informed me that hir new position would mean probably missing several classes. When I informed hir of the conflict this would cause with the attendance policy s/he asked if that was negotiable. Uhm...no.
- Pro...my final meeting never materialized so I was able to get some more work done on my syllabus.
- Con...It took me all day to get into a work groove and by then my head hurt.