If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Friday, January 16, 2009

RBOC: Weekend Edition

  • I sat through what had to be the most boring faculty meeting of my life today. Three hours. On top of that I woke up with a sty in my eye so it was puffy and blinky all day.
  • Vegetarian lifestyle is going very well. I'm enjoying it far more than I thought and learning new things to cook. I worry about next week when classes start but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it
  • We drove down to pick up Angel today. He's home for the long weekend car shopping.
  • I finished my 3 encyclopedia chapters and have prepared both courses for the semester, although there is always more work to do on them.
  • Pumpkin's internship has turned into a contracted job. She'll be employed and therefore will not even be considering moving away until December.
  • I have many many appointments--of the nasty doctor variety--to schedule including a vet appointment for the Brute who has turned into Scabby McSabbington. So far I have only managed to make a hair appointment for next Thursday. That is no small feat however, since my last haircut was in July.
  • Angel has reduced his course load for this semester. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • I really really need my eyebrows waxed but haven't managed to get that done either. I don't have many so-called girlie habits but I really hate it when my eyebrows get bushy. Yet I also really hate going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the good news of Angel and Pumpkin. And for your healthy lifestyle. I actually made some vegetarian chili and liked it.

post-doc said...

I have a list of personal appointments I should make too. But I did pluck my eyebrows last night. A magnifying mirror makes the 'I should do something about that' thought to a "Pluck, pluck, pluck!' urgency.

It's good Angel is coming home for the weekend! You can at least discuss the reduction in course load - he strikes me as a bright guy. My guess is you'll feel better after you talk to him.

Seeking Solace said...

Cheers on the veggie lifestyle. I know I felt much better once I went back!

Enjoy your weekend!