If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Thursday, February 25, 2010

RBOC: Late Night Edition

  • I am home alone this evening and will actually be alone until Sunday night. b is at a recertification workshop that involves camping in the cold and snowy mountains.
  • b was very depressed when he left today.
  • My grant did NOT go out. It is delayed until the next deadline in June. There was a lot of drama around the delay. It was not pretty or fun but I think things are good now.
  • Because of the drama I missed my tai chi class on Tuesday. Because of a migraine I didn't go to the gym on Wednesday. Because I totally messed up the time I missed my favorite yoga class today.
  • I have a very exciting day coming up on Saturday: a three-hour tai chi broadsword workshop and then a blues concert with a bunch of friends from work.
  • Tomorrow is our anniversary: 7 years married and 11 years together (we got married on the anniversary of our first date).
  • We'll celebrate next weekend.
  • I am waiting for a young woman to give birth. Her due date was this past Sunday. I'm excited for her and for another opportunity to be a doula but I'm going to be bummed if it happens on Saturday.
  • I made myself a delicious dinner (salmon, rice & beans, sauteed asparagus & salad) this evening. I love cooking for myself.
  • I have a ton of work, junk tv, and a pile of books to amuse myself with from now until Sunday.
****UPDATED: I wrote this post last night only to be woken up at 4:30 this morning by my mom-to-be. She delivered in 5 hours. Mom & baby are doing fine. I'm already back home and my Saturday plans are on!****

2 comments:

Drax said...

Whoo hoo!

Julie said...

Congratulations on the delivery! That is so awesome. And Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry about the delay with your grant and hope that is working out better (and with no more drama).