If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pez

For those of you who are interested in just how the mothering role changes when your child has left home I will share with you my impressions. I have become this:


or this:


or perhaps even this:

Except instead of bland tasting candy, I dispense advice.

It seems Angel need only press a little lever (or IMs me, whichever is easiest) to make my head pop open and out shoots bite-sized pellets of advice on writing essays, teaching martial arts and joining fraternities (the last one is so incredibly comical since I never even attended a school with a sorority or fraternity, no less thought about joining one).

It seems there is no end to the topics on which I will pretend some type of expertise just to keep the conversation going.

Color me Pez.

2 comments:

Debz said...

and I'm sure he takes in all those bits (or bites) of wisdom and relishes them. I bet he wants to keep the conversation going as much as you do.
Now, everytime I picture you (yes I picture the peeps I blog with), I will think of you looking like the cat with the 'buggin out' eyes.

Anonymous said...

So funny! I'm glad to see you still have your wonderful sense of humor. I'm probably the Tweetie Bird pez. Always giving advice but dumb as a wittle birdie.

Good to see you!