- A colleague of b's dropped by the house half an hour early to ride into work with him. I was still in bed and asleep. Nice guy but NOT how I like to start my day.
- b had another flat.
- I was supposed to work at home but had to go in for a "appreciation luncheon" with my Dean, the Provost and the Chancellor. I had been nominated for a school-wide teaching award and they decided to have an event for all of us who did NOT win (aka "Loser's Lunch").*
- The lunch was highly fattening and not very tasty.
- After lunch I worked on my grant a bit and then headed home to work. When I got home I received an email informing me a paper I submitted over NINE months ago was rejected.**
- One of our Netflix DVDs seems to be missing in action. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but nothing yet.
- I was way too tired and cold and full to go to the gym so today is the first day I've skipped in 11 days.
- b's still having problems with his bike so I'm off to pick him up from work.
*I never expected to win and am fine with that....just would have preferred to skip the lunch.
**The reviews themselves weren't bad and could be helpful but the 9 months is painful. Plus one of the reviewers feels there's a fatal flaw with the data...don't know if I agree or how I feel about that.