If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Blog Explosion

I think most of you know that the infamous Drax is my BIL. He's been doing this blog thing for a while now and I always have a good time when I head over there. Lately there's been a lot of great visuals and I usually find some really cool sites through him.

Now it seems more of my family members are getting into the mix. My very own b has started a blog. b's passion is the outdoors generally and more specifically it is sea-kayaking. He's an instructor and leads people on sea-kayaking trips in the wilds of Alaska whenever he can. He's been writing a book (well really several books but only one is relevant to his blog) on paddling and has decided to start a blog that focuses on kayak instruction that incorporates one of his other passions...videos. If you've never paddled you may want to try it as its loads of fun. And if you do paddle but would like to improve your stroke my b is your man (well he's my man but I loan him out for paddle instruction purposes).

If that's not enough, today I found out that one of my sisters has started a blog devoted to her love of pugs generally and her love of her pug, Pablo, in particular. Pablo is one adorable pug and my sister is a little overboard with her infatuation with him...but hey don't we all love our puppies a little too much? She is also a children's book writer/editor and I don't know if she'll be including any of that on the blog but she is really quite good so no matter what she writes about I enjoy reading it.

b's big sister has been blogging for many years now. She's a pro and is one of the first people I started reading back in my pre-blogging days. She cracks me up and I think if you head on over there you'll soon be hooked.

Who knows what member of my wild and wacky family will start blogging next.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome. Thanks for the links! I'll save them all to return again.

All the blogs look like a lot of fun. I love kayaking, and I could learn a lot on your husband's blog. My form of river kayaking is "yee-ha...that was a great run through those rapids...I didn't get killed again." Sea kayaking is my favorite, though, because the dolphins bump the kayak and swim along. But I'd love to read everything an expert has to say.

Have a great weekend:)