If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Different Kind of Day

You know those days where every little thing goes wrong? Maybe not major wrong but wrong enough that you end up saying to someone (or many people) "It's just that kind of day." Sometimes you may even say "it's just that kind of week/month/semester."

Well today was not like that. Today was the opposite. Today was the kind of day where every little thing went right. Everything clicked. It was not a major day in any way at all but it was a damn good day.

Today I not only worked at home but I knew there was absolutely no reason to be back in the office until Tuesday. Today I got to take a tai chi class and my favorite yoga class. Today I worked on a new grant and while I only wrote a page, it was a very important page. Today it was a little sunny and warm in the morning, breezy with a small shower in the afternoon (while I was working and not traveling), and now I'm sitting in bed with a glass of wine and listening to a rain storm outside of my window. Today I played "fetch, chase, tug-of-war" with Pupzilla. Today I ate the last of the delicious oxtail stew for lunch (ok maybe NOT the best idea before yoga, but still delicious). Today my husband asked me to go on a date and we went to my favorite upscale bar. Today I got a call from Angel and Pumpkin. Today I had a pleasant conversation with my ex-husband. Today I drove around in my car with the windows rolled down listening to my new favorite playlist. Today rocked.

So sometimes you can't help but say "it's just one of those days" but today I'm saying "it's one of those days."

4 comments:

Annie said...

Excellent! I feel good and I'm smiling, just reading about your great day!

Psycgirl said...

That sounds like a great day :)

Lee said...

Yippee!

Hooray for days like that! (And congratulations on having what it takes to recognize and celebrate it!)

Julie said...

I know exactly what you mean. Those days when everything clicks aren't necessarily "huge" in the scheme of things, but they are so sweet. I'm glad you had a great day, and I hope today is another one!