If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Monday, April 5, 2010

From The Mixed-Up Files....

I was perusing my old self-assessment files again (a strange and dirty habit, I suppose) and found a mission statement from 2004. I think I was fantasizing about starting a business. I must have read about mission statements and decided I needed to write one for my life. Here it is:

Mission Statement

The mission of Brigindo is to nurture and develop loving relationships with friends, family members, and colleagues by actively listening to, participating in, and experiencing their daily lives; to pursue a personal lifestyle that is balanced with the needs of the environment and the needs of society; to continually seek out and engage in activities that enhance her own growth and wellness; and to enjoy the moments.

While I certainly could do better on all fronts (especially the environmental), overall I think I'm fulfilling my mission.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Heart You.

Psycgirl said...

What a good idea (and what a good mission statement!)

Julie said...

You have a very wise mission. I love "enjoy the moments" and "actively listening to, participating in, and experiencing" the daily lives of loved ones and colleagues. "Actively" is such a great word (and sentiment) to add. If only more people would actively listen to others, the world would be a better place. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Miss Mae said...

I think you are most definitely fulfilling your mission. I also think it's the sweetest thing that you put other people before you.

<3 pumpkin