If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Saturday, May 29, 2010

RBOC: Memorial Weekend Edition

  • The Assessment Workshop is over!  It was far worse than I imagined it would be.  I can't really say much more on why it was so horrendous but as of yesterday Summer Break has officially started for me and I couldn't be happier. 
  • I had a very lovely day yesterday.  It started with breakfast with b at our favorite spot and ended with dinner and drinks with b at another favorite spot.  In between there was gossip with colleagues, a little clothes shopping, a phone conversation with Angel, and a great yoga class.
  • There was also a huge thunderstorm last night.  b and I got caught in it for a bit but it was the fine kind of storm where you don't mind getting wet.
  • It is now officially hot in SouthLite.  The "summer" in Summer Break has started as well.
  • I spent today doing tai chi.  I went to my regular tai chi class in the morning and then did a 4 hour tai chi broadsword workshop.  My arms, shoulders and back are killing me but in that good way.
  • Tomorrow morning I'll be heading to a nearby city for a chi gung class with a master.  I am very excited.
  • b has to work all weekend.  His store is having its biggest sale of the year.  
  • Every year b's store holds a chili cook-off during this sale.  b's chili has won for the last two years.  He got up early to make it this morning but the results aren't in yet. 
  • Monday we are both off and the gym is closed.  He's planning a paddle and I'm planning a bike ride.  Than we'll do the traditional Memorial Day grill.  Perhaps we'll even make Sangria.
  • Hope you are all having a very lovely Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I like your idea about hurting in a good way. Our weekend started with an outdoor birthday party, a relaxing afternoon with friends. Enjoy your holiday weekend, and the official start of your break!

Seeking Solace said...

It IS hot.

Hope you have a great weekend!