If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Break Eve

Fall Break officially begins on Saturday, as we have Monday and Tuesday off.  However I have no classes and no meetings tomorrow, which makes tonight Fall Break Eve for me.  There are some beach plans in our future but there is also a whole lot of grading in mine.  I have 50 undergraduate papers, 50 undergraduate mid-term exams, 7 doctoral papers, and 1 dissertation paper to grade. Some of it will be done on the car ride to the beach.

In addition to grading, I have some paper writing and data analysis that absolutely has to get done next week.  There's also a conference at the end of the month where I am committed to giving two presentations and they aren't going to prepare themselves.  Hard to imagine there will be room for fun but I plan on quite a lot.  There will definitely be some photography, long walks on the beach, yoga in the hotel room, snuggles with b and Pupzilla, and the next book club book.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll have fun, and maybe the grading will be more enjoyable in a beautiful setting!