If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Monday, October 3, 2011

Sad and Sweet

Schmutzie invited us to share a post about tasty, sad sweet endings.  I don't know that tasty fits the bill here but I have a strange love of cemeteries.  I love the quiet and peace and the finality of it all.  Here are a few cemetery shots I've been meaning to share.






3 comments:

life_of_a_fool said...

I love cemeteries! The first photo is haunting.

Drax said...

Beautiful.

Annie said...

My husband, son, and I are fascinated by historic cemeteries. We often include them as part of our hiking or sightseeing in national parks, and historic cities. Grave markers are often beautiful, and the words themselves, as little as the names and dates, convey their own stories. Gravestones of babies are the saddest, and sometimes their mother is buried beside them. We've got a bunch of recent photographs in St. Augustine, taken by streetlight, with stark shadowing.