If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Friday, October 21, 2011

Golden Hour Fail


SouthLite has a lot of lakes.  It also has a lot of trails and many of them are by the lakes.  b and I have been running on one of these lake trails in the mornings.  Whenever when we run I think about how I'd like to shoot the lake in the "golden hour" (or magic hour, whichever you prefer).


As wonderful as the golden hour is, I find it hard to get away from whatever it is I'm doing when it arrives.  Today I was determined to make it happen.  Since I was working at home and it was a beautiful day, it seemed like the odds were in my favor. I finished working early, cleaned the kitchen and prepped dinner, and then grabbed my camera and jumped into the car.


The lake is about 10 minutes away from my house but the road that leads to it is a busy one and the golden hour is right around rush hour these days. So after a bit of traffic I made it to the marina. The lake was quiet and beautiful.  I was very excited. I took out my camera and started shooting.


Alas, before I could even get into my groove, the camera died. It seems I made the classic mistake of not checking my equipment and the battery needed recharging. So I got back into the car, drove back through the same traffic, and tried to save the few shots I got with Photoshop.


Tomorrow is another day.



1 comment:

Annie said...

The shots you did get are absolutely beautiful. I love the reflections and the colors!