If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Friday, October 31, 2008

InaDWriMo 2008

You may have noticed the new word counter in my sidebar. Saturday starts InaDWriMo 2008, which will last throughout the month of November. The idea is to set a goal for your academic writing and then track your progress throughout the month.

This could not have come at a better time since my writing has been suffering and I have a major deadline on December 1st. Technically I don't have to write much -- just 7000 words--but they need to be finalized and I've yet to begin. I also need to push an article along so I've made my goal 15k. I've never tracked my writing by number of words before so this should be interesting.

For those of you who would like to play along, InaDWriMo 2008 is being hosted by Dr. Brazen Hussy.

No comments: