If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Randomness

Nit tagged me for one of those fun random memes and it was wonderful timing on her part because people--I've got bupkiss..nada...zilch..zero....NOTHING these days.

Here are the obligatory rules:
  1. Link to the person who tagged you
  2. Post the rules on your blog
  3. Write 6 random things about yourself
  4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
  5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Below are random Brigindo factoids:

  1. I've had an hourglass figure for most of my life. However as I grow older my hourglass holds more sand.
  2. I don't particularly like cakes but I love cupcakes...especially chocolate ones.
  3. My chocolate must be dark.
  4. My father was an only child, my first husband was an only child and my son is an only child (well technically he has half- and step-siblings but he was certainly raised as an only child). I am the youngest of four.
  5. My father died when I was sixteen. I met my first husband when I was sixteen. He was 18 years older than me and my teacher. You don't have to be Freud to figure that one out.
  6. I have 5 nieces and nephews. They range in age from 4 to 22. I find it amazing to see an entire new generation of my family growing up. They are so much more together then we were/are.
So in addition to having NOTHING these days I'm really not in the mood to tag anyone. You're on your own. If it sounds like fun, play along.

2 comments:

Hilaire said...

I am totally an only-dark-chocolate person, too! And I loves me some cupcakes, as well...Mmm...

Anonymous said...

Yep...cupcakes and dark chocolate. Yum! I also like your observation about your nieces and nephews. I think kids today are SO much more together than I was. When I hear people gripe about kids, I don't get it. The ones I know are amazing. Of course, I came from Gen X, so we were supposedly a bunch of losers...ha. I hate those labels. But I do see so many good things going on now with the next generation. Thanks!!