If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern. - Ursula K. LeGuin

Saturday, August 2, 2008

RBOC: Taking the Good with the Bad

  • We put Boy's car into the shop for a general tune-up before he takes it with him to college. What we thought would be a minor expense turned out to a hefty little sum and they claim the clutch is on the way out (both b and Boy disagree with this diagnosis - I try never to drive that car).
  • The car is 16 years old. Boy bought it himself shortly before getting his learner's permit (almost 3 years ago) and it has never had anything seriously (read expensive) wrong with it before.
  • Boy paid for the repairs himself from his savings and assures us his next paycheck will cover the entire amount (he's been working lots of overtime).
  • I've been weighing myself daily, trying to track myself for a month. I'm currently at my heaviest and should lose at least 10 lbs to get to my normal (but not optimal) weight.
  • I continue to eat ice cream and french fries and drink beer but my (over)weight has remained stable.
  • I was carded (or proofed - depending on where you're from) twice this month. Once while at a restaurant/bar with Boy (I'm much more likely to get carded with him) and once by myself at the grocery store.
  • b has been waiting for a certain job opportunity to be announced. The announcement came but the opportunity is in another state. It will probably come here some day but we don't know when.
  • b is seriously rethinking his career options and is talking about going back to school.
  • I did, in fact, lose my office.
  • I not only set up my new monitor and printer in my new office but my old DH painted the new office for me (himself) a very lovely shade (sort of almond-white). I'm actually rather comfy in there.
  • Had a really bad class at the dojo on Thursday.
  • Got to spar at the dojo today.

3 comments:

Debz said...

UGH! car repairs. my youngest was here friday and his water pump blew in my driveway. now he has to get that repaired. i feel so bad for him but he is soooo independent he does not want help.

Lee said...

Mmmm.... how lovely to be carded!

Anonymous said...

Now how the heck did I miss your post about women claiming their own space? AMEN, SISTAH!! I could rant for days about that one. Shew...

That's my silly way of saying I enjoyed the post. And this one, too:)